NZ HERALD CLUE
JAMIE MCDELL has just launched a special online treasure hunt to celebrate the upcoming release of her debut album, ‘Six Strings and a Sailboat’… and she has a clue for her Gypsy Pirates to solve.
Click HERE and watch the video for your clue from Jamie, then come back to this page and follow these instructions…
Figure out which of the locations Jamie is referring to in the below Treasure Map, and then make note of the co-ordinates, e.g. 51° E 42° S.
Once you have the correct co-ordinates – e.g. 51E42S - enter them as your password to un-lock this page HERE which will give you a special character to collect.
Continue to collect all eleven characters over the next ten days – there will be a bonus character given out by Jamie, herself – which will combine to give you the YouTube URL address of a video from Jamie announcing details about her album release show at Rainbows End.
The first person to send through their contact details and the completed URL will win the GRAND PRIZE!
- The first 25 people to send through the correct URL will win free entry to Rainbows End to see Jamie perform AND have a free fun day at Rainbows End, as well as a mini prize-pack of Jamie McDell treasure. You’ll get to bring a friend too!
- The following 50 people can enter Rainbows End for free and watch Jamie perform but will have to pay if they want to enjoy the rides.
- Treasure chest of all Jamie’s favourite things!
- Surfboard signed and drawn on by Jamie.
- $500 shopping spree at Amazon.
- Free flights thanks to GrabaSeat and transfers to Kaikoura to experience Whale Watch for you and a friend.
With thanks to…
EMI MUSIC NZ COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. JAMIE MCDELL COMPETITION – ‘Six Strings and a Sailboat’ Treasure Hunt.
2. The promotion period begins at 4:00PM 05 November 2012 and entries close at 7:00PM 16 November 2012.
3. Entry is via http://www.theinsoundfromwayout.co.nz and entry is not limited by age.
4. Participants may enter multiple times.
5. The winners will be notified by the phone number given on their entry form through http://www.theinsoundfromwayout.co.nz
6. The Judge is EMI Music NZ and their decision is final.
7. The Grand Prize consists of: a treasure chest full of Summer supplies, a signed Surfboard, 1x $500 shopping spree at Amazon, and Free flights and transfers to Kaikoura to experience Whale Watch for two people.
GENERIC PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
The ‘Promoter’ is EMI Music NZ.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all EMI Music NZ employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel, alcohol or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all EMI Music NZ Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
6. EMI Music NZ reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
7. EMI Music NZ reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who EMI Music NZ decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant EMI Music NZ exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
10. When submitting entry via text, the telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The participant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used at the discretion of EMI Music NZ and/or any other company associated with the Promotion.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
12. Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
a) Any form of automated text message is invalid
b) EMI Music NZ takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Promotion Terms and Conditions.
Winning the Prize
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Promotion Terms and Conditions – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this
purpose be deemed the Judge.
15. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by EMI Music NZ. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the prize’s total worth equal less than NZD$250 and be a live-to-air draw, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
17. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Where the prize incorporates air travel, unless otherwise specified the air travel is economy class.
18. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person and they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or guardian must give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
19. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies EMI Music NZ in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
EMI Music NZ Responsibility
20. EMI Music NZ reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
21. EMI Music NZ takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Acts of God or otherwise.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by law EMI Music NZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Promotion prize.
23. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside EMI Music NZ control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, EMI Music NZ has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
24. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.